Health and Safety at Camp
We know, now more than ever, kids need the fresh air, social interaction (with precaution), and growth opportunities only camp can provide right now. We want to help kids get back to a sense of normalcy and make up for time lost.
We are sure you have plenty of questions about how we will create a safe camp community. Building on the guidance of our risk management team and subject matter experts, we’re eagerly looking forward to summer 2022.
Guided by industry best practices, the American Camp Association, YMCA of the USA, and guidance of governing health agencies, here are some of the procedures we will institute for camp to keep our kids & teams safe.
Have a question or would like more information?
What is the Y doing to prioritize health and safety for my child at camp?
Here are some of the procedures we will institute for camp to keep our kids & teams safe:
- Vaccinations: We strongly encourage eligible overnight and day campers (ages 5 and up) to be up to date with all vaccinations to attend camp, including COVID-19.
- Testing: All campers are required to test negative for COVID-19 to participate in any overnight programs. A PCR test within 72 hours of check in or a rapid test within 24 hours of check in are acceptable.
- Group Size: Groups will be split into an older camper group and younger camper group. Camp groups may interact with each other outdoors.
- Health Screening: All campers will be temperature and lice checked at the start of a camp session, and we will ask parents a set of questions about their recent health.
- Medical Team: The Medical Team, composed of licensed nurses, EMTs and volunteers from our medical partners, is available 24 hours a day to provide guidance and care for your child while they are at camp.
- Masks / Face Coverings: We will follow the guidance of our governing officials and licensing agencies, keeping our campers safety our top priority during camp.
- Signage: Reminders for handwashing and safe sneezing will be posted throughout the facility.
- Hand Washing & Hygiene: Scheduled handwashing breaks will be built into each group’s schedule. In addition to that, hand sanitizer stations are available for campers throughout camp for use during their busy and fun days!
- Activities: Equipment will be cleaned between uses and/or sufficient supplies will be provided for all campers to enjoy. We intend to keep camp fun and your campers can expect to enjoy many of the same favorite activities they have enjoyed in the past.
- Cleaning: Safety is our middle name, and cleaning is our game. Our whole team will be regularly cleaning to disinfect our camp throughout the day, plus our facilities team will perform a deep-clean twice throughout the week.
After all we have been through kids will need camp more than ever. Click here to register now!