Health and Safety
We know, now more than ever, kids need the fresh air, social interaction (with precaution), and growth opportunities only camp can provide right now. We want to help kids get back to a sense of normalcy and make up for time lost.
We are sure you have plenty of questions about how we will create a safe camp community. Building on the guidance of our risk management team and subject matter experts, we’re eagerly looking forward to summer 2021.
Guided by industry best practices, the American Camp Association, YMCA of the USA, and guidance of governing health agencies, here are some of the procedures we will institute for camp to keep our kids & teams safe.
Have a question or would like more information?
What is the Y doing to prioritize health and safety for my child at camp?
Here are some of the procedures we will institute for camp to keep our kids & teams safe:
- Group Size: Group sizes will be limited and we will respect guidance regarding camp group ratios and maximum campers per site. Camp group, once determined, will remain together throughout camp and separated from other groups.
- Daily Screening: All campers will be temperature-checked daily, and we will ask parents a set of questions about their recent health each time they drop off at camp.
- Medical Team: The Medical Team composed of licensed nurses, EMTs and volunteers from our medical partners are available 24 hours a day to provide guidance and care for your child while they are at camp.
- Masks / Face Coverings: Staff will wear masks inside and outside the facility. Everyone entering camp is required to wear masks. Children over 2 years of age need to wear a mask both inside and outside the facility.
- Floor markings and signage: We will mark off safe distances throughout our buildings to help keep children appropriately spaced. Reminders for handwashing, social distancing, and safe sneezing will be posted throughout camp facilities.
- Hygiene: Scheduled handwashing breaks will be built into each group’s schedule. In addition to that, hand sanitizer stations are available for campers throughout camp for use during their busy and fun days!
- Activities: Activities will be modified to limit physical contact. Equipment will be cleaned between uses and/or sufficient supplies will be provided for all campers to enjoy. We intend to keep camp fun and your campers can expect to enjoy many of the same favorite activities they have enjoyed in the past.
- Cleaning: Safety is our middle name, and cleaning is our game. Our whole team will be regularly cleaning to disinfect our camp throughout the day, plus our facilities team will perform a deep-clean every night after lights out.
- Swimming & Boating: We plan to offer swimming in the lake. We will continue to evaluate and modify based on the guidance we receive from governing agencies.
- Trips: This summer, we will not offer off-site trips (back country or day trips)…but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop! Instead of trips, we will take advantage of the 1100 acres right here at camp. Keep an eye out for updates from your child’s program coordinator.
After all we have been through this past year, kids will need camp more than ever. Click here to view all camp information or register now!